MANAGING ATTORNEY, INDIANA OFFICE
Aaron M. LaRue focuses his practice on construction litigation, premises liability, transportation negligence and professional liability.
- Won summary judgment for a Fortune 500 company where the plaintiff, a union worker, alleged that the defendant company was negligent in its coordination of contractors working at its manufacturing plant where the plaintiff was injured.
- Obtained summary judgment in favor of a county in a lawsuit that involved a motor vehicle accident in a construction zone. The codefendant driver, who settled out for his policy limits, claimed he was “confused” while traveling southbound in the designated northbound lane, leading to a head-on collision. P&W moved for summary judgment based on the Tort Immunity Act, arguing that section 3-104 provided immunity for alleged failures to erect traffic warning signs and that section 3-108 provided immunity for the county's supervisory role on the project.
- Obtained a defense verdict for a construction company after a four-week jury trial in Cook County. The plaintiff, a union ironworker, asked for $16.5 million for various injuries, including Complex Regional Pain Syndrome, ACL/MCL/PCL ruptures, and Adjustment Disorder. The plaintiff put over $4.6 million “on the board” in special damages.
- Secured dismissal of a Will County case involving multiple plaintiffs allegedly injured in an motor vehicle accident. P&W successfully argued that the scope of agency of the defendant-driver, who was an employee of P&W's client at the time of the accident, had terminated once he left the employer's premises. The plaintiff appealed, and the appellate court affirmed the dismissal order.
During law school, Aaron was a Senior Associate Editor of the Thomas M. Cooley Law Review. Aaron also interned for Judge Suhrheinrich of the 6th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals.
AWARDS AND RECOGNITION
Aaron was selected as a Rising Star by Illinois Super Lawyers in the field of Civil Litigation Defense for 2018 -2020.
- J.D. cum laude, Thomas M. Cooley Law School, 2010
- B.A. Communications, Anderson University, 2003
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- American Bar Association
- Chicago Bar Association