Brad is AV-Rated® by Martindale-Hubbell peer-review ratings, the highest recognition an attorney can receive for excellence in legal practice and ethics. He defends individuals, public entities, and private companies of all types in civil litigation, particularly legal actions involving catastrophic injury and death. His areas of specialty include premises liability, construction accident litigation, products liability, lawsuits involving commercial vehicles, toxic torts, litigation against municipalities, and liability for criminal acts. He has achieved defense verdicts in Illinois, Indiana, and Michigan.
Additionally, Brad has lectured across the country on a wide range of legal topics including premises liability claims and litigation, the use of construction documents in litigation, the science of settlement, analyzing insurance issues in construction defect cases, and liability for criminal acts. He earned the “Outstanding Presenter Award” at the national PLRB/LIRB Claims Conference in April 2006.
Brad has also authored the following publications:
- “Handling Premises Liability Claims Regardless of Jurisdiction,” Liability Insurance Research Bureau, 1995
- “Handling Premises Liability Claims in Illinois,” 2007
- “The Science of Settlement,” Liability Insurance Research Bureau, 1996
- “Criminal Acts, Terrorism & Liability Claims,” 2008
He was a contributing author to “Liability Claim Practices,” § 8.34-8.38 (Insurance Institute of America 2001).
Brad also has been featured in the May 1994 issue of Claims magazine in connection with his work in the field of premises liability law and on “CBS Good Morning” with respect to the effectiveness of surveillance in litigation.
- Valparaiso University, summa cum laude 1984
- University of Notre Dame Law School, 1987
- AV-Rated® by Martindale-Hubbell
- A.M. Best Directory of Insurance Attorneys – Client Recommended, over 10 years
- Defense Research Institute
- Illinois State Bar Association