Jason J. Friedl is a partner at Purcell & Wardrope. His practice has focused on liquor liability, defense of the hospitality and service industry, consumer protection, premises liability, construction injury liability, and product liability cases.
In addition to his work before the courts, Jason has defended and arbitrated a number of consumer claims such as contract disputes, credit reporting, and fraud actions before the AAA, the BBB and other business regulatory agencies in Illinois.
Favorable results include:
- Morris v. Harvey Cycle & Camper, Inc., 392 Ill.App.3d 399. Defending a combined defamation and consumer fraud claim through appeal resulting in a decision that restrict actionable conduct for these types of claims.
- Summary judgment in construction debris and premises liability matter pending before the Circuit Court of Cook County. The plaintiffs sought recovery for injuries sustained in accident involving construction debris allegedly related to large scale road improvement project. The trial court held that the defendant concrete company was entitled to judgment as a matter of law where the defendant was able to demonstrate that the debris was inconsistent with its material and work and demonstrated that conditions on the site were significantly altered after it had completed its work.
- Summary judgment in negligence action wherein a police officer, injured when he sought to stop an alleged car thief, sued the owner of the vehicle for negligence.
- Chicago-Kent College of Law
- Arizona State University
- State Courts of Illinois
- U.S. District Courts for the Central and Northern Districts of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 6th Circuit